To define what a Realtor does in general, let's reflect back to “The Agency” relationship which we discussed in another article. Agency is a relationship between two parties. An “agent” and “Principle”, where the agent has the ability to impact principal’s legal position in real estate.
To explain this more, the agent is responsible to guide and advice the client and provide options.
The first necessary qualities in an agent is knowledge, skill and ability. This knowledge is a perfect resource into knowing how to navigate from start to finish and predict every scenario.
From the above quality, Vancouver Realtor provides extreme value. To every homeowner, the value is not briefed in only dollar form, but the process itself and navigating through all its ups and downs.
Followings are a short list from an agent extensive list of value offering:
- Educating the consumer on current real estate market and trends.
- Predicting and informing on all major factors that can affect the market
- Providing analysis and comparable sold, constantly
- Advice on the most important value factor, Price
- Educating the client on all scenarios and how to navigate it.
- Marketing and finding the right niche market and funneling
- Networking and exposing
- Negotiation and comfort of selling without attachment
- MLS® system and further exposure
- After transaction service and value.
It is important to trust a professional and let the job be perfectly done and completed by one. Everyone knows you can do everything yourself, but what is important is the time, process and result. If your sink is leaking, the cost of hiring a professional plumber might be a few hundred, but the result is fully guaranteed. If you doing by yourself, you may turn and break the wrong part and the cost of that repair maybe even more, not to forget about all the time you spent on this do-it-yourself project.
If you have a pain in your tooth, you certainly contact a dentist. Yes! You can take pills and maybe pull your teeth with a crowbar. But a dentist, can remedy the issue and fix it. He might even save your own tooth.
When hiring a Realtor for selling on of your biggest investment in life, always see the result and the value, not the commission paid. The commission is a cost of receiving the extreme value.
In the next article we will evaluate all the factors above.