Have you ever saw beyond and sketched the potential in a property?
With the current trend in Victoria Real Estate Seller's market, many Buyers get frustrated with multiple-offers and the panic frenzy that comes with it. Some even are afraid of entering the Real Estate market and stand on a sidelines observing this stressful move. But until when? What if that property of choice comes and with it brings all your desired wishlist such as the location, style, square footage and so on?
Most buyers see the surface of the beauty and realistically, it is very important for Sellers to stage and design their home to catch the Buyer's eyes, providing the feeling of: belonging, no work needed, move right in atmosphere. As a listing agent, it has been my priority to prepare the listing prior to its public viewing. to go through some short list in the work:
- Removing all clutters and old furniture, which take up square footage, don't match the style and are not necessary.
- Minor repairs (covering wholes, fresh quote of paint, possible appliance update,...)
- Remove all personal items (pictures, arts and so on) The buyer should see themselves in the house, not the sellers family.
- Checklist all major work and encourage the sellers to remedy. Some are must and some are optional. ( Roof, windows, electrical update, plumbing update, Flooring, Kitchen and bath renovation, asbestos, oil-tank removal and so on)
- Curbside appeal, specially in beautiful Victoria with wonderful weather year round perfect for gardening.
These are small list plus more that a Realtor as a listing agent should review with the sellers in order to attract most Buyers for their property.
Going back to our main topic, now that we know what most Buyers are attracted to, what if in this hectic market with short inventory, a listing arrives that lacks the above cosmetics, but checkmarks all others in your list; A perfect location, great square feet, perfect lot size, potential rental suite,...
Knowing the fact above, if it lacks the appeal in regard to cosmetics, then it possibly will attract less amount of buyers and subsequently a better chance of purchase for you as a buyer within good dollar value.
Putting major repairs needed aside, if it only needs a fresh quote of paint, maybe shiny polish on the floor and possible appliance update, then try to focus on its positive and it might be the one to call home. Imagine the finished product after you are done with it.
Many Buyers fail to obtain their desired home, by lacking the imagination. Most want something absolutely ready and that my friend, in this market may require multiple bidding. By going outside of the box and a little out of your comfort zone, you can score a home for a perfect value, even in this what is called "crazy" market.
Still wondering how?
Let my team help. We don't call ourselves Real Estate from A to Z for no reason. we will be there in every step of the way to align every value for you. Axel Ziba's clients receive higher value by dealing with our team as a buyer Realtor.
Contact us today with no obligation for further strategies, market updates and let us show you how we make sense out of this market.